"Can I help you, M'am?" I asked.
"Yes, I'm loooking for SPA Vargas."
"Come along, I'm going there now."
On the elevator, the SPA button delivered us to the reception area.

"Are you from the neighborhood?"
"Yes. I live in Barrington Hills," she replied.
"Having your hair done?"
"My children are treating me to The Vargas Classic Escape: facial, manicure and pedicure. First time here, and I'm excited."

A classy woman, dressed importantly for her first visit to the SPA.

"You're a bit early. May I show you about? We have quite a complex here."
"That would be nice," she replied politely.
"No problem M'am."
"Oh call me Rose and you?" she asked.
"Jack. I live here."

"The stylists will show you around later, but we can take a quick peek. The SPA has a modern barbershop with two chairs and our ultramodern salons, all providing every care a woman or man would desire--skin care, nail care, hair care, hair removal and chemical treatments. Massage rooms are over there."

"Now, let's take a tour of our members' only pool section. These locker room doors lead to the pool area. Rose, you take the women's door then go past the 50 cherry stained lockers, the Steam and Sauna rooms, the showers and vanities. Notice the TV room. Many members like to cool down there. The door at the other end opens to the pool. I'll meet you there."

"Wow! This is an enormous area. How big is the pool?" Rose asked.
"Sixty feel long and thirty feet wide, and it holds 50,000 gallons of water heated to 88°. The air temperature is 89° helped by radiant heat under the walking surface. It's always warm enough."
"Jack, there are plenty of reclining chairs and tables and all kinds of floats that grandchildren must love."
"Rose, they can't wait to come here. They do a lot of screaming and splashing. Grandma and Grandpa get right in the pool with them, but avoid screaming and splashing when possible.
My favorite item here is that automatic chair lift. Members using motorized chairs or scooters are helped onto the lift. One push of a lever lowers them gently down into the pool, however the kids love to use the two ladders to climb in and out."

"Is that a Jacuzzi at the other end?" Rose asked.
"Yes. I use it every day to treat my lower back pain. The 102° temperature is helping it mend. Rose, I hope I haven't overdone talking about our SPA and Pool Complex. It's just that there's so much more here in this Upscale Senior Living Community."

“Jack, I enjoyed it, however I don’t see any exercise equipment.”
“Sorry, but if you are interested we’ll schedule someone in our sales department to show you around the members’ fitness center two floors above.”

Labels: